ANAESTHESIA means no painful sensation. Anaesthetist
forms a very important part of a surgical team, at times even much more than the surgeon.
An Anaesthetist ensures that the surgery is painless, post-operative recovery smooth and
the Surgeon is provided with proper conditions to operate in.
OPERATION TYPE OF ANESTHESIA EMPLOYED
- Thyroid - General
- Breast - General for major surgery; Local or general for
- Abdominal/Pelvic Organs ie uterus, tubes etc General or
spinal depending on particular case.
- Rectum, Anus and Genitalia Low spinal, caudal, or local;
often with intravenous agents. General in some cases
PREPARING FOR ANAESTHESIA AND SURGERY
- Do deep breathing exercises and other simple exercises to
improve overall physical fitness.
- Take all medicines prescribed by your Doctor regularly.
- If Diabetic or having high BP control it well.