MODE OF TRANSMISSION
- Ingestion of infected meat
- Ingestion of water contaminated with cat faeces
- Ingestion of contaminated soil
- Pet animals especially cat
- Organ transplant
- Child birth
- Generally asymptomatic and non-specific, sometimes mildly symptomatic.
- Symptoms like anemia, splenomegaly, headache, sore-throat.
- Jaundice, fever, hepatomegaly, adenopathy, vomiting, asthma.
- Affects the Vision and the nervous system of the fetus.
- Damage is dependent on the age of gestation i.e. maximum damage during the first 2
trimesters (hydrocephalus, mental and psychomotor
retardation, blindness, and cerebral keratifications).
| Toxoplasma Gondii | Rubella
| Cytomegalo Virus | Herpes simplex virus |